A good logo has to convey a clear message about the entity represented on the just and necessary amount of graphical elements. The best logos projected the minimalist concept as it is to group the characteristics and qualities of the entity to express quickly and easily in an image that became its own identity in digital or printed media. To fulfill this purpose is not only important to look after the aesthetic but also functional, no use a logo with 10 gradients that make him a work of art, but that makes it impossible to embroider on shirts or impossible to print on a single plate black ink. So if you want to make a good logo you keep these 45 rules that will not fail you:
45 TIPS FOR GOOD DESIGN A LOGO
Some will say that rules are made to be broken, but first you must know.
1. No more than three colors.
2. Get rid of anything that is not absolutely necessary.
3. The font should be easy to read, even for older people.
4. The logo should be recognized instantly.
5. Create a unique shape for the logo.
6. Completely ignore what your parents or spouse ‘think about design.
7. Confirm that the logo itself convinces more than three people.
8. Do not combine elements based on popular logos and say it’s an original.
9. Do not use clipart under any circumstances.
10. The logo should look good in black and white.
11. It should be recognized when reversing.
12. It should be recognized at different sizes.
13. If the logo contains an icon or symbol together with a text, position them so that they complement one another.
14. Avoid fads logo design. Instead it creates a design that will last.
15. Do not abuse with special effects such as gradients, shadows, reflections, rays of light, floral, etc..
16. Contain the format of the logo in a box or circle, to avoid unreadable formats.17. Avoid intricate details.
18. Consider the different places and ways where the logo will be presented.
19. Invoking the feeling of being strong, unique and presence, rather than common and weak.
20. Realize that you will not create a perfect logo.
21. Use direct Enterprise acute forms and shapes soft friendly companies.
22. The logo should have a direct connection to what it represents.
23. A photograph does not do a logo.
24. You must surprise customers with its representation.
25. Do not use more than two fonts.
26. Each element of the logo needs to be aligned left, center, right, up or down.
27. The logo should appear solid, not as something unfinished.
28. You know who will see the logo before beginning the brainstorming.
29. Always choose function over innovation.30. If the brand name is memorable, that should be the logo.
31. The logo should be recognized when reading from left to right or vice versa.32. Even large companies need small logos.
33. Everyone should like the logo design, not just the company that will use it.
34. Create variations. The more variations possibility of getting a logo that works.
35. The logo must remain consistent across different platforms.36. A logo should be easy to describe.
37. Do not use promotional phrases within the logo.
38. Plot ideas with pencil and paper before work them into your computer.
39. Keep the design simple.
40. Do not use the “swoosh? or symbols of the world.
41. The logo should not distract.
42. must be honest in their representation.
43. The logo must have a visual balance.
44. Avoid super-bright colors, neon colors without force.
45. The logo must not break any rules as aforesaid or at least know that they’re doing.source: vectorpixelado